Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Vibes



christmas snowglobe
I'm back at my family home in good ol' Yorkshire but as I type this, the
sun is beaming into my room and thanks to the central heating, it is
feeling rather tropical in here right now! Not very Christmassy, right?!
But I do have a few little things that have helped me get in to the
Christmas spirit!
yankee candle candy cane lane
I got this seasonal edition Candy Cane Lane from Yankee Candle last week
and I've seen it on a lot of blogs already so I'm glad to have my hands
on a small jar! It has a sweet, peppermint scent just like a real candy
cane.
christmas cake pop, festive cake pop
This adorable little cake pop came through the post from Babushka
Communications, an agency I have had the pleasure of working with for a
couple of years now! I rely on them for all the latest news on
eco-friendly, cruelty free, organic, natural, hollistic beauty products!
The team at Babushka Comms have introduced me to some amazing brands in
the last two years, a lot of which have now become staples in my
skincare routine such as the face oil by Antonia Burrell, the most amazing eye treatment from Healgel, a whole bunch of REN skincare and Balance Me face mask.
Dorothy bubble bar, lush dorothyI've been eyeing up the Dorothy Bubble Bar from LUSH for for ages and I
don't know why I didn't buy it earlier! But The Wizard Of Oz is always
on TV at this time of year, and we watch it every time it's on. It was
only right that I picked up the Dorothy Bubble Bar to use during my
festive break! It would have been perfect if the bubble bar was yellow
(in reference to "they yellow brick road") but the vibrant blue is just
as great!
primark festive leggings
I bought these back in early November and I couldn't wait to wear them
as soon as it turned December! You can see what else I bought in my Primark A/W haul here.
I have to admit, the leggings do keep me warm but they're not the most
comfortable things to wear all day long. I have bought them 2 sizes up
but they're still too tight! But how can I resist them! They look
awesome!
christmas stocking
Every now and then, an email lands my inbox asking if they can send the
pets something. TK Maxx sent this cute cat stocking and I've been
filling them up with treats for Oscar! ....I've even written him a card
aswell..... Just to say, y'know, Merry Christmas and all that, boy!
christmas hamper
There has been loads and loads of social media campaigns this Christmas
and brands have been really generous in giving gifts away. I know that
M&S had a great campaign with #FollowTheFairies, that one has stood out for me. I don't tend to get involved (apart from The Body Shop one)
but one day, I tweeted that I had yet to start my Christmas shopping. I
just tweeted it and I didn't tag anyone but I got a reply from Tesco
asking me to send them my Christmas list! I can see from Twitter that
their #MakeChristmas
campaign has been really successful too. As excited as I was to even be
noticed, I replied and said it was very generous but I couldn't
possibly be so cheeky. Instead, I told them my family would be truly
happy with a couple of festive food (what Tesco does best!) like mince
pies and a box of chocolates. A few days later, this huge, amazing
hamper arrived! It has been in my flat for 2 weeks and I couldn't resist
helping myself to the chocolates and crisps. But I've gone out and
bought more food and drink to fill the hamper up to the brim. The hamper
is now sitting under the tree now and the whole family will be sharing
the treats on Christmas Day. 
What have you been up to in the build up to Christmas? Are you excited for THE BIG DAY?

0 comments:

Post a Comment