Thursday, December 25, 2014

Beauty Tips: How To Get Rid Of Spots


It's probably a given that we all want a quick spot-zapping miracle,
right?! I don't know about you but why is it that when you have an
important date, a big spot will appear a few days before? Whether it's a
job interview, a photo shoot, a work meeting or even a date... you can
guarantee that if it's important or a big deal, a big spot will come of
my face to greet you on the day too!


Perhaps the spot breakout is due to nerves or stress and I have
previously tried home remedies but they are so hit and miss. I've tried
dabbing toothpaste over the blemish and leaving it over night, that's a
fairly popular tip but it doesn't work for me. My mum had an Aloe Vera
plant and it is good for lots of things including spots. It works well
to soothe the area but I have a terrible phobia of pot plants so can't
keep it in the apartment. I've also used various products such as
WitchHazel but they've had very little effect. Here I have two effective
blemish removers which works quick and fast!

products to get rid of spots, burts bees herbal blemish stick
 photo burts_bees_blemish_stick_2_zpsa2a71bc2.jpg


Something that I swear by for it's zapping power is Burt's Bees 100% natural Herbal Blemish Stick.
For £10.99, this is well worth it! It's a miracle worker! Whenever I
feel a spot appearing, I will apply some of this on and it will stop the
blemish from getting any bigger. It works in to the skin and start
banishing blemishes. I've been using this product for a long time now,
and have always repurchased when it's empty. It contains ten natural
ingredients like tea tree oil and willowbark which are known for
antiseptic and antibacterial qualities, reducing redness and effectively
clear the blemish. The scent of this is really strong and I think it
might bug some people, especially if you have a strong sense of smell,
but it disappears after ten minutes or so. The smell is worth putting up
with because it is such a good product, it is 100% natural and it's so
good for getting rid of spots. The only thing I dislike about this is
the roller applicator. After a while, you'll start see tiny little bits
floating inside the bottle, which I assume is skin or something?! Really
gross, I know! 
I probably wouldn't recommend this to
anyone with sensitive skin - but fret not! The next product I want to
show you is definitely suitable for sensitive skin.

How to get rid of spots, affordable treatment for spots
 photo How_to_get_rid_of_spots_2_zps147a49c0.jpg



AMIE is a great brand to try for teens or if you have skin that's easily irritated by rich skincare products. This ALL CLEAR Instant Action Spot Clearing Gel* is £4.95.
Just like Burt's Bees, this gel contains willowbark. The formula also
contains eucalyptus and peppermint oil which are natural cleansers that
prevents spots from forming. This feels gentler than the Burt's Bees
Blemish Stick, the smell is certainly better - but it isn't as fast
acting. Both products are great, it just depends on whether you have
sensitive skin or not. If you do, I would definitely opt for Amie ALL
CLEAR gel. I like to use the Burt's Bees at night time for really bad
blemishes and then the AMIE one for soothing smaller pimples.
I've been using this gel on my forehead, where it is prone to tiny
pimples. I only use a little bit and have already seen a change. I like
having this in my handbag because it is gentle enough to use whenever
you like and the smell isn't strong enough to offend anyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment